eCommerce Web Site Design: Harnessing the Power of the InternetKelly Richardson
Online Degrees Columnist
The explosion of ecommerce has created quite a buzz in the technology industry across the globe. Now companies can do business 24/7 and offer their customers service anytime, day or night. And these businesses pay top dollar to graphic designers for ecommerce web site design.
The growth of online sales in the past five years has made it crucial for businesses to develop quality ecommerce web sites. The ease of shopping online has sent millions of customers to the computer to pick up items once bought in a store. In response to this trend, companies routinely hire graphic design professionals to create their online presence. A quality ecommerce web site design not only sells goods and services around the clock, but is also the ultimate marketing tool to reach millions of targeted consumers. Here are some of the benefits of an ecommerce web site.
eCommerce Web Site Design: Powerful Online Tools
- Information Bank. A knowledgeable customer is much more likely to make an online purchase, so companies want to provide instant information.
- Cross Selling. Amazon.com is a great example of how an ecommerce web site can persuade customers to purchase items similar to their initial purchase.
- Mailing List. In the world of ecommerce, a large e-mail list is as good as gold for future sales and promotions.
Graphic Design Degree Information
- High Tech Training. Learn the advanced techniques of some of the most cutting-edge software in the industry.
- Strong Market. Employment for graphic design pros is expected to grow at a steady pace in the next decade.
- Competitive Salary. A qualified graphic design professional can expect to earn between $29,000 and $51,000 per year.
About the Author
Kelly Richardson covers the local education and technology scenes in major cities across the country. His articles appear in a variety of respected educational journals, periodicals, and e-zines.
Related Online Web Design Articles
The Virtues and Vices of Visual Communications - A window into the future, or a habit crippling our youth? There's a lot of debate about the influence that computers and media, also known as visual communications, have on our society.